If you live in a rural area, you are probably enjoying the benefits of sourcing your water from a private well. While this certainly cuts down on costs, it also comes with a number of risks. Well water quality is variable, and you never know what bacteria or chemicals it might contain. This does not mean you shouldn’t use well water. It just means that you need to find ways to treat it and make it safe for consumption. There are several well water filtration systems on the market that will help you ensure that the water in your well is safe for your family to drink, and use for cooking, bathing and washing.
Choose The Correct Filtration Systems, Or Combination of Systems
For the best results, do your research when it comes to filtration systems and choose the best one. The four most common types of filtration systems available are
- Sediment filters: These filter the water through a plastic cartridge with fine plastic pores, which allow the water to flow through, while keeping contaminants out.
- Carbon charcoal filters: The water is filtered through carbon layers, which absorb the chemical contaminants.
- Reverse-osmosis filters: The water is forced through a semi-permeable membrane, removing most contaminants.
- Ultra-violet light filters: UV rays are directed through incoming water. This kills most microorganisms and bacteria, but doesn’t have any effect on chemical contaminants.
- Water distillers: These systems work by boiling the water. Steam is created and then condenses again. The system captures the condensed water, which is pure and without any contaminants. These are fairly impractical when large quantities of water need to be processed.
In addition, water filtration systems also differ according to how they are installed and used. You could choose under-counter or under-sink systems, those that are installed on the countertop. Others work at the point of entry to the house and filter the entire water supply.
The most popular systems are reverse-osmosis systems, as they are the most efficient when used throughout a home and are the best at removing both chemical and biological contaminants.
Learn How To Operate Filtration Systems
Each filtration system has its own set of benefits and operational requirements. Once you know how to operate your system, it is very easy and low maintenance for the most part. Reverse Osmosis water filters, whether used on the entire home supply or just in your kitchen, pretty much run themselves once installed. It is always best to choose the system that you can most easily incorporate into your lifestyle and household routines.
Regular Maintenance And Repair Of Filtration Systems
Water filtration systems work quite hard over an extended period of time. As a result, they will need regular maintenance. At times, parts might break down and need to be replaced. Your installer will be able to offer you regular maintenance and repair services as needed. It is vital that you monitor and maintain your system to ensure that it continues to provide safe water for your family.
Aqua Soft Water Systems Inc. Authorized independent Kinetico Dealer for Palm Beach and Broward County. Our dedicated sales staff is here for all of your water needs to find the right water treatment options for your well water problems and within your budget. If you need more information about well water filtration and its costs and benefits, contact us today.